Thursday, November 11, 2010

Can't Blog Low. Living.

So I went up in the attic, and unless it's in the foot of pipe I can't reach because it's in the WALL, the dryer vent line turned out to be unclogged. a good 1/2" of lint deposits all around, sure, but not clogged. The lint took an hour to remove.

That included waiting for the family below to find the wasp poison, so I could spray the 5" diameter red wasp nest with "Sudden Death" brand aerosol poison. Let me tell you, the stuff lives up to its name.

Anyhow, I stopped for supper, then finished the repairs on the dryer. Yes, that would be 2 days after I ordered the parts, they are installed. Huge props and kudos, 5 stars and two thumbs WAY up, for Appliance Parts Pros. They not only have a sweet parts website, complete with illustrated parts breakdowns and "this fits your model" lists integrated in the product pages, they also have a Repair Forum, where you will be able to learn just why your appliance won't work, and how to fix it, and where to get the parts . . . for a competitive price, no less! Thanks God, my parts were on sale. Seriously, if you need parts or advice for your appliances, go to www.appliancepartspros.com. I did, and paid full retail. Two days later, with their standard shipping, the part they advertised as "in stock" was installed in my dryer.

Plus

I asked my Darling Wife to vacuum out the dryer vent line from the bottom while I was clambering around the attic. The vacuum decided to start expelling dirty air just then. Great. I used the other vacuum (thanks Jesus for a spare) and got the job done, then troubleshot the primary vacuum. Clogged hose. two pints of lint later, I found that a piece of a child's set of paper 3-D glasses had got tangled with a power outlet socket cover (child safe, vacuum dangerous) and a bunch of hair got up in it and clogged her solid.

So now I'm off to put the vacuum back together. As the song says: "That's life . . . thaaat's what they say . . . "

No comments: