Tuesday, September 6, 2011

My Children: Beating Your Children at Life, T-15 Years . . .

If my children spend longer than 1/2 an hour doing something in front of a video screen, it's because they went over time. My son was helping me hold wires to solder yesterday, working on some car-launching Hot Wheels thing wherewasitwheIwasakid he has. Even my daughter likes to see things taken apart and working the hand-powered drill, etc.

Because I like to tinker and am good at it, they want to be part of it. For those of you who subscribe to the "phone it in and let the school rear them" style of parenting, prepare yourselves: people like my children will be running the show, and your little snowflakes will be hating life on the bottom rung of the ladder forever . . . and it will be your fault that they can't swing a hammer.

Hat tip: Uncle

(this post was written in plain text with hand-coded HTML because I can)

No comments: