Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I Sold My Car!

Pick N Pull came by and dragged it off my driveway this morning.

My parts car, that is. I paid $700 for it, used parts from it to convert my car from automatic to manual transmission, sold a couple hunnert' in parts, and now I have sold it for $130. I have the cylinder head from that car on my bench in the middle of what would be a $2,000 port/polish rework if I had it done for me, and the higher-compression pistons should be going in my car at the same time as the reworked head. Also I used some parts off it to save a few hundred dollars in parts/labor by fixing things that were broken on my car, like the lack of a window regulator in one rear door, and an A/C belt tensioner that was falling apart. Great success. Anyhow:

I told my son that the man had just driven off with it, and the boy asked to see the car. Logic. Needs more training in logic. So he went out and viewed the empty driveway where the car was and I explained it all again. And I made him take the trash out since we were going to be headed that way anyhow. :)

That is all. Light blogging for the rest of the day due to being tired as . . . well I'm tired.

1 comment:

Ivo Beutler said...

Wow, that's a lot of work for one car! I also like working on my car, but for more complex repairs, I ask the help of a mechanic-friend. Buying a parts car is a brilliant idea.

Ivo Beutler