Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Man With Gun Nearly Kills Boy In North Austin!

Earlier tonight, a young boy reported seeing a man with a gun. The man was seen by the boy while the boy was riding his bicycle up and down the street in front of his house in Pflugerville, a Northeastern suburb of Austin. Despite passing by the man several times, the boy was not killed, or even injured, by the gun. The boy's parents report that none of the encounters between the man and the boy resulted in any injuries.

~or~

I had my Glock on my hip in a high-visibility (mostly YELLOW) holster pretty much all afternoon today. That includes the few hours I spent in the garage fabricating a set of bookshelves for #1's room to suit my Darling Wife's specifications. The kid who lives across the street was riding his bike up and down both sides of the street (on the sidewalk) and I noticed one time he was having a pretty hard stare at my hip. Another time, I told him, "Hi, Ant!" and he gave me his usual non-response. I know it's hard to believe, but the gun did NOT just jump right out of the holster and start shooting everyone. I mean, even when my Darling Wife had #1, #2, AND #3 out in the garage watching me work, NOBODY was shot! Can you imagine?

No comments: