Saturday, June 6, 2009

Spring Must Be Here Because The Birds Are Hatching Everywhere

These pictures are getting to be a couple of weeks old but what the heck.

When the children and I were playing in the front yard, we heard this guy fall from his nest unable even to flap a few feet through the air. By a few hours later, he was about ready to fly back up. In the meantime, I had to shoo him out of the middle of the street. I guess that explains all the blue jay sightings in the front yard.

Baby Blue Jay On a Branch

I mentioned that Mrs. Cardinal was sighted earlier. Well, they had about a half-dozen hatch out . . .

Baby Cardinals In Their Nest

That ended up being just two fledglings . . .

Fledgling Cardinals In Their Nest

And now just a couple of weeks later, the nest is empty! Sigh. They grow up so fast!

I managed to spot Mr. Cardinal doing his bit to take care of the family. Bringing home the bacon worm, as it were.

Male Cardinal Feeding Chicks

No comments: