Monday, January 25, 2010

VQ2 Sandeman Salt and Pepper Shakers!

One of my duty stations was at Fleet Air Reconnaissance Squadron Two. The VQ2 logo is a "Sandeman" figure, all black, on a red/yellow backdrop (the colors of the Spanish flag). Oh, the hardship of living in Spain for two years!

(Click any picture to see it full size)

Photobucket

I sent the following e-mail to the Command Master Chief. I wonder what response I'll get.

********

CMC,

As a VQ2 survivor, I thought this was neat. I figured the squadron might get a kick out of it if you haven't got a set like them. My company bought a collection of various bottles from an estate sale and these were included in the lot. Sandeman salt/pepper shakers, complete with clandestine filler holes.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

********

If you want them, I would probably be willing to trade these off for a coffee mug with the VQ2 logo on it as above.

2 comments:

gus said...

hi David.
they are very nice. do you still have them?
thanks
gus

Vote For David said...

As it happens, I stashed them in bubble wrap and promptly forgot about them. They are still kicking around my computer case. The CMC did think they were neat, by the way.