Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Madness @ Work

Warning: the following post may be uncharitable of me.

********

All names have been changed to protect the terminally slow.

So we hired a new employee a week or so ago, to do a job similar to mine. I was doing the job with minimal-to-no supervision or assistance the first day. Here it is after a week of hand-holding and newbie still is struggling with some of the basic concepts.

I just heard the (amazingly patient) Training Dude explain something very well. I was about half-listening, and I got the point first time 'round. He is now on a SIXTH explanation of the point, all from various different angles, and all indications are that newbie will require at least one or two more explanations.

I cannot help but question the profitability of this exercise.

No comments: