Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Madness @ Work!

A recent conversation in LB's work area:

VFD: It smells like rat poo back here.
LB: No it smells like a dead rat. I know there's a dead rat in here.
VFD: No, it does smell like a dead rat. Probably in the ceiling, it drowned in the ceiling*
LB: Aaaaaaaah daaaang! (looks at the ceiling)

A hunt ensued. It turned out there was a dead rat. It was not in the ceiling. LB came around and teased me, waving the rat's corpse around, asking if I still wanted to work here. He was making fun of the only female we ever had here, that did the same job I do, who quit after seeing one rat in the room where she was working. What a gurl.

Dang, now my room stinks of dead rat.

Update, later the same day: my area smells like usual, and LB's room smells much better.

*(we have a leaky flat roof, and the cieling in LB's room had to have a hole poked in it to relieve the standing water. Think, lancing a boil)(We also have a bunch of holes in the exterior walls, slowly being repaired as Maintenance Dude finds them. At least the ones racoons were using have been closed up. The rat-sized holes, still apparently open.)

No comments: