Friday, October 16, 2009

Jews Fighting Back: "The Price Tag"

Heard on NPR this afternoon . . .

An "illegal jewish settlement" on the west bank was forcibly evacuated by Israeli troops.

Then the (now homeless) settlers went and burned down an olive grove owned by a 'Palestinian' fellow. A hundred something trees were lost, right before the harvest. Several thousand trees have been burned so far in just this sort of tit-for-tat activity.

This is the price tag for evicting the settlers. It is a new movement and I support it. The Palestinians are a political football for the Arab world, and the Jewish people are a political football for Israel. You want to kick me out of my home again? Well, that's going to cost you.

Note: this is not the same as lobbing a missile into a marketplace.

I support this sort of guerilla action. Once I am elected, I won't be able to say so anymore, but you won't be likely to find me denouncing it like BHO would if he knew about it.

No comments: