Friday, January 2, 2009

8 Year-Old Kills Self With Machine Gun. No, It's The Same Story.

I thought this had become common knowledge. It certainly went around the Internets like wildfire. I guess not everyone had heard the story because they just now got around to talking about it on the 590AM morning talk show in Austin. I was surprised enough that some folks didn't know about it already that I thought I'd mention it here. It struck me how reasonable the discussion was, and I chalk it up to the show being broadcast in Texas. Not only was there no hysteria involved (from the hosts anyhow), but one of the speakers was someone who correctly pointed out that shooting sports are about as safe as a sport can be.

Except when a parent fails in their duty to ensure a child's safety.

Learn a lesson parents. Your enjoyment and scrapbook are not to be taken into consideration when your child is on the firing line. This father stepped back to shoot one photograph when his 8 year-old son was holding a micro-uzi, and the son accidentally killed himself.

No comments: