Tuesday, January 6, 2009

They Are Seated Today. Now Is The Day To Oppose Holder's Nomination.

The government assigned seats today to all but a couple of new members (ahem) and in honor of the day, I hope you are joining me in flooding Senators' inboxes in opposition to the nomination of Eric Holder to the post of Attorney General of the United States. I'm afraid I bit off the example letter found at the Sipsey Street Irregulars blog, but here is what I sent to my Senators:

Dear Senator your name here,

I am writing you to oppose the confirmation of Eric Holder as Attorney General. Please do everything in your power to block Holder's confirmation, and urge your fellow lawmakers to do the same.

His only qualification for the office seems to be "well, you've been in the government before." Eric Holder has proven that he does not have the understanding, judgment, or personal integrity to responsibly manage the extensive authority of the Attorney General's office. Members of the Senate are tasked with overseeing the appointment of senior executives and ensuring that the positions are filled with the very best qualified candidates available. Mr. Holder does not meet this standard and should not be confirmed.

Past AG nominees have been blocked for inadvertently using undocumented workers as domestic workers in their homes.

Mr. Holder's failings far exceed such errors.

Sincerely,

Insert my name here

No comments: