Thursday, January 22, 2009

Vote for David on AOL: Not Me!

Aside from a month and a half of free internet service followed by an unusually-easy cancellation of the service, I have never had anything to do with AOL or AIM. "Never have, never will" is my motto for dealing with America Online and the websites hosted on their servers. I think they're actually blocked out in my Hosts file (but I digress). If you google it up a little I am sure you will be able to find some AOL horror stories that will explain my position to you. I have also never bothered with American Idle Idol, and I was a little dismayed to learn that Vote for David was apparently a rallying cry for fans of one of the contestants on that show.

Out of curiosity I searched for my blog name in the search box on AlphaInventions.com . . . and came up with Vote for David on AOL as part of a plea for votes for whoever this David character was (is?) on American Idol, at Archuleta Avenue Malaysia, An avenue for fans of David Archuleta. Make that two Davids I've never heard of before, but there are quite a few of us.

Not-too-funny David joke: There are about a half-dozen or so Davids at my church. When someone comments on how many of us there are, I tell them that, to save time with greetings, we all stand around in a circle and say "Hi Brother David" all at the same time. I told you it wasn't too funny. But it's corny enough to get a chuckle or at least a grin/groan combination, so I keep using it.

No comments: