Monday, October 19, 2009

Misery Loves Company . . .

. . . and right now, everybody has plenty of both misery and company.

Literally everyone I know has some degree of sinus congestion, ranging from "I thought it was easier to breathe than this" to "I thig I hab duh flew."

A radio newsbreak a few minutes ago said "If you think you have a cold, it might just be allergies" and they said the cold front that just blew in brought a metric shit-ton of allergens with it. Just kidding, we use standard shit-tons around here.

Anyhow, I'm glad that I am relatively asymptomatic (thanks God!) and it is at least a good reminder to keep washing my hands, using hand sanitizer, and not touching my head (eyes, ears, mouth & nose) to prevent infection with something nastier than a pollen. For some people, it would actually be better if it were a cold. Allergies will come back annually, and symptoms last as long as the stuff is in the air. A cold, at least you wouldn't catch again next time around.

Welcome to Central Texas, everybody!

No comments: