Thursday, October 8, 2009

Dr. Laura Vindicates Me. Again.

She just had a call that could have been from my birth-mother (Old Mama) A woman called in who picked her controlling new husband over her son. Her new stud is an angry, and she didn't know it because they didn't date long enough before getting married. Then her oldest son was a frequent target of his anger. She sent the boy to live with his dad.

Dr. Laura called her an unfit mother, and said she would tell the son to NEVER take the grandchildren to see their grandmother. Even though (in the mother's words) he was "trying" and "better now."

I haven't seen Old Mama in . . . I don't know how many years now. Zero communication. This call reinforced the righteousness of my way. My children know Nice New Mama as "Grandma Familyname" instead of "Firstname." They could live their whole lives and never meet Old Mama, and I'd be just fine with that. It's not vindictiveness, truly. It's self-defense. Crazy New Daddy pulled a gun on Old Mama at the dinner table. He kicked a 3 year-old in the stomach for trying to go outside. I don't play with crocodiles, and I don't go around that set of crazy people.

********

Sob stories: everybody has one. There's a little piece of mine.

No comments: