Thursday, September 15, 2011

I Don't Care If This Isn't Florida

My Darling Wife would probably just answer truthfully. I would almost certainly look at my kids' doctor like she had just sprouted a third, flaming eye right there in front of me. Then I would decline to answer the question and wonder aloud if it were a Boundary Violation.

In the USA (as I understand it) your doctor is supposed to ask if you all keep guns in the house and counsel you on their safe storage. In Florida it is temporarily illegal to ask, says a judge. In Texas it's like asking if the sky is blue, or water is wet. I personally know maybe two families (of hundreds) without a gun in the house. My PREACHER has more guns than he can hold in both arms all at once.

Besides which, if my kid has a cold, a gun in the house is beside the point. Break in when we are home and we'll show you just where we keep the guns. Hint: this scenario ends badly for home invaders.

No comments: