Monday, September 19, 2011

Wagging Finger Too Hard at Naughty Children Leads To . . .

Please pray for my Darling Wife. She has finally (after four days) reported discomfort and minor swelling in her left hand. It looks to me like an uncomplicated shaft or neck fracture of the left 2nd metacarpal; THEN she said her hand sometimes hurts there on and off for YEARS. It could be "just another" bruising event. She's tender and delicate, you see, and when she smashes things with herself, she bruises easily*.

So I bound her up like the Penguin from the Batman comics and she took a gram of tylenol and went to bed. Tomorrow I'll have another look at her and she may be on her way to the local urgent care people. God willing, she'll be much better after a night's rest and just have a good bruise there. But I thought I felt some displacement along the shaft but it may just have been a ligament.



*She was trying to get ready for bed and kicked a drawer in the chest of drawers by accident. Jokes about a simultaneous broken toe and a broken hand were followed up by jokes about OJ Simpson's unfortunate wheelchair accident in the Naked Gun movie

No comments: