Friday, July 25, 2008

Being Broke Bites.

So today at work, I was fighting a pair of robots. A pallet wrapping machine and a mechanical convection 30 cubic foot incubator. Neither wanted to work in the morning and by the afternoon, it was Me 1, Robots 1. I was seriously demotivated and declared I would not be going in to work tomorrow (saturday, day off, haha).

I told my cubicle buddy S.F. that I would really like to take the rifles out to a field and shoot some random stuff out there, and he agreed that sounded like a lot of fun. Except that the neighbors don't take kindly to that sort of thing, and the police have to do their job.

$20 for two people for an hour at Red's, plus amunition, is NOT going to happen when I have $700 worth of "used to run" waiting for me to get around to it in the driveway, and my already-meager allowance is on standby for the duration of the $3+ gallon of gas.

I so want to go sling some lead downrange right now. If you've never been shooting, I'll find the money somewhere, so we can go make you a better citizen. But just so I can blow off some steam converting money into noise?

Yeah, there won't be any new range reports for a while

sigh

No comments: