Wednesday, November 5, 2008

What I Want For Christmas:

Ammunition. Lots of it.

You all may feel free to purchase for me any quantity of the following calibers:

.30-06 Springfield
.40 S&W
7.62x39mm
.380 ACP
9mm Parabellum

In that order. Do not worry about the different types or weights of bullets if it is all too confusing. Just don't get anything labeled "Blazer" OR "Glaser" brand. If it says Cor-Bon, Federal, Winchester, Speer, Gold-Dot, DPX, Barnes, or Hydrashock, you are in good shape. If the man at the counter says it's good and it costs about what the other boxes of the same quantity go for, it's probably fine. For the 7.62x39mm literally anything is fine, including the absolute cheapest stuff you can find in a box (no bags! )

If you absolutely INSIST on buying me something more expensive than a case or two of cartridges, get me any kind of an SKS billed as "shooter" grade or better, up to "Very Good" Save the money for ammunition, and avoid buying me a "collector" grade piece. You could also get me any model Glock handgun in .40S&W or 9mm and I would not throw you out of my house. If those are too icky and scary, a nice, tame, pump-action 12 gauge shotgun like a Mossberg Maverick (well under $200) or any flavor of the Mossberg 500 series or Remington 870 series will do nicely. Bonus for getting ammunition to go with it.

Please call the dealer to place your order if you purchase an SKS. They may not have one in stock.

In the alternative, you may give me cash. Know that it will be used on something from the above lists.

That is ALL I want for Christmas this year. I am 100% serious.

These sorts of things may be found at online stores like Ammoman (linked above), Surplus Bunker, AIMSurplus, J&G, SamCo, Ammo-Connection, CheaperThanDirt.

Thanks to Kim for the links at the bottom of the page.

No comments: