Thursday, November 13, 2008

News From Texas: Childrens Bill Of Rights - BOO!

There is a proposal starting to pick up steam to get a Texas Childrens' Bill of Rights passed.

This is an horrible idea.

The only right the state needs to enforce with regards to children is their right to life, and the state has abrogated its responsibility in that!

Now some jerk in Dallas wants to tell me that my children have the "right" to nutritious meals, the "right" to health care, the "right" to blah-blah blahs.

You know what? I have a right to rear my children the way I please. This subject reveals either ignorance or evil on the part of its proponents. Either they don't realize that the State has no business telling me how to treat my children, aside from "don't hurt/kill them" (ignorance) or they think the state DOES have the right to tell me how to treat my children.

RIGHTS are against the State. You have a RIGHT not to have the State come jack you up. Your children have (basically) no rights of their own, and their priveleges devolve from the rights of their parents, as parents, to rear them as they see fit.

The STATE has no rights at all. The state has responsibilities TO the people.

For the state to declare the rights of my child is a huge step in the wrong direction. Okay, your child has the right to a quality education. Sounds great. Who says what's quality? An objective observer sees that homeschoolers excel across the board by all measures. Barry Obama says homeschooling is a fraud. Whose standard wins? Does my child's right to a quality education mean you take my children and force them into an underperforming government school? Public education is not quality... do you really think that will be admitted to and written into law? My favorite is the "dignity" business... children have a right to dignity. Against the state, yes... against the parent, no. I can, will, and DO burst in to my childrens' rooms unannounced and when they get older I will rifle through their things and read their diaries. When they get out of line, corporal punishment is the rule. These things, according to some people who lack perspective, violate the Dignity of my children. People who think that way, fail to see that children left tho their own ways bring their mothers to shame.

Yes, this is a religious question after all. A Christian who lives according to the Bible will rear excellent children. A lazy person will not, nor will a selfish person. The humanist who worships only himself has no standard to live up to and so can expect the State to provide him one if he can't figure it out on his own. A humanist requires a bill of rights for children. A good Christian family does not.

Remember that America's Constitution is for "a moral and a religious people, and that it is wholly inadequate to the governance of any other"

No comments: