Saturday, November 22, 2008

Gasoline Prices: Falling TOO Fast, Now!

I had a funny feeling that my rule of thumb was breaking down. Now I understand that it was. The price of gas is falling faster than the price of oil!

While it feels like a good thing right now, it is actually not!

This means that the smaller refineries, and the ones that can't process heavy crude efficiently, will shut. The estimate in the above-linked article is 10% of the refineries in the country may close. That, my friends, is not going to help the price of gasoline to go any lower.

For now though, I am enjoying the gas they sell around here for $1.77/Gal. when the rest of the country is just now breaking $2. That is a full 50%+ reduction in my fuel bill in the course of just a few months. Breathtaking.

Enjoy the sunshine while it lasts my friends.

No comments: