Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Happy Juneteenth From Your Local Racist

First thing this morning at work, I put "HAPPY JUNETEENTH" on the bulletin board by the time clock at work. Later I went and fancied it up with a couple of different colors.

Later yet, the most worry-wart-ish of the guys who works with me said it was a good thing I didn't put that on the board at a bigger company. Somebody might get offended. I asked him if he had a problem with Juneteenth and the reasoning was more along the lines of no, I am too light-skinded to be celebrating the day.

You know what? This is NOT a holiday for "those people," unless you mean "those people who also have a human genotype encoded in their DNA." Juneteenth should appeal to all men everywhere who love liberty and justice. Brown or not . . .

Happy Juneteenth!

No comments: