Wednesday, June 27, 2012

I'm a Taker.

Are we a givers or takers community? Are we makers or consumers? -Alexandre Prokoudine

The GIMP development team broke my workflow and I ended up coming to an important conclusion: I am a taker. If it's free, I'll take TWO thanks. There is a very long thread full of much bellyaching, with a title that summarizes the content nicely: HATE the new save vs. export behavior. I too hate the change, for the sake of my own immediate convenience. But I appreciate the reasoning behind it. I will adjust my workflow until somebody makes a "we don't care about .xcf" plugin and then go right back to Save As > .jpg like I used to do.

Why? Because GIMP does most of what I want, mostly how I want, and it doesn't cost an arm, a leg, or even a toenail shaving. GIMP is FREE. As they say: WHADDYA WANT FOR FREE!? Pay for Photoshop or get used to the way the GIMP developers want you to work with their product.

********

If you have no idea what I am going on about, consider yourself fortunate. Seriously.

No comments: