Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Man It Sucks To Be Broke

Two years ago, right before my last job folded up and moved to Dallas, I was making $18.75/hr, plus 10% for working nights, plus $400/month for being on call. Oh, and every once in a while, I would get a customer cussing at me in the middle of the night over the phone because his equipment broke.

We had 2 kids then, gas was $1.80, milk was $3 and we had plenty and to spare. Paid down the credit card, even.

Now we've got 3 kids, gas is $3.50, milk is $5 and my work moved twice as far as it was when I started working there. I'm making a few hundred less a month, to boot.

If the Demicans hadn't cocked up the whole economy, and the Republicrats let them do it, we'd still have plenty. As it sits, we just got a fancy new car payment with higher insurance to go with it, and a big fat minimum on the credit card since we paid for #3's birth-bills on it when he showed up. Mind you, the minimum is STILL less than health insurance premiums would have been, if I had put him on the Plan from work. Our cereal comes in bags, and we buy everything generic and in bulk.

But tonight I had to tell somebody that I'd supply guns if he'd pay range fees and buy ammo.

If you can't even afford to take a new shooter out shooting on the house, that's frikken BUSTED and it STINKS.

&&&&&&&&&&

P.S. and my wife is pissed that she can't afford to drive to El Paso this weekend for her neice's birthday party. Yes, drive, because [deleted] the TSA and their fake-security power trippers.

No comments: