Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Pigeons. I Hate Them.

When I was in the Navy, our squadron CO's were all too cheap to get nets for the hangar to cover the rafters, and the pigeons would defecate all over the floor, and airplanes, and maybe you, if you were unlucky. There I learned to refer to them as flying rats.

My wife never had to spend half-hours at a time swabbing up pigeon poo, so she never understood my dislike for them.

Now they have taken to roosting in the tree above our driveway, and the poo is piling up on the driveway, my parts car, and (importantly) her pretty new truck.

She now understands.

I plan to go out every morning before leaving for work with a pellet rifle, and eliminate as many as I can that way.

One of the old boys at work says if I bring them in the same day they are killed, he will cook and eat them. Ooookay. I am hopeful that he will have quite the repast.

No comments: