Saturday, February 5, 2011

No Sense Of History

A car tuner I know of has criticized the younger generation for having no sense of history, as part of a spiel about the history of his car.

You know what? Yes you are driving a piece of history. We all do. Yours just happens to be made before ours and you've read up on it. You are passionate about it; great. You know all about it; great. You've poured your heart into it and the ten others like it you've had. Great. You know what?

At the end of the day, it's a crappy little econobox that's older than dirt and looks like a P.O.S. Get over yourself.

And those of us who remember you before your divorce will remember that you're a wife-beating, controlling S.O.B. yourself.

Oh, tough guy!

I put it here because I felt like getting it off my chest, just like everything else I put here. If he makes an ass of himself like he did when he was around before, I'll say it right to him. For now, I'm giving him a fresh chance to be civil and bringing an attitude like this to the party is much less likely to help the civility of the place than just ignoring him.

No comments: