Sunday, October 9, 2011

It's Nice Working With You

I spent a few hours yesterday cleaning up some previously-untouched wooded land with a man who was a professional arborist. He did the job quickly and well, which is to be expected. He also made life easier on his helper (me) in the way he pulled out the branches and stuff he cut. He could have left it or just tossed it over his shoulder, but he laid it out of his way in a way that it was easier to deal with as I got rid of it.

Working on cars with my Dad, it is easy to tell he has been working on cars for a long time. The way LB brings me stuff at work, compared to when some other folks bring stuff, you can tell he has "been there, done that." When I help my Darling Wife get stuff ready for school, it goes WAY faster than when I get stuff ready for her by myself. The point is:

It is a pleasure to work and do business with people who not only know their craft, they are willing to make it easier on the people who work with them. If you have someone working with you, go easy on them by doing things in a way that helps the next guy. Make the world a better place, 5 minutes of time-saved at a time.

No comments: