Friday, June 12, 2009

Changing Minds, Changing Hearts.

I've been working on* my Darling Wife, trying to get her to be more strict on the children and more lax on the housework. Making progress.

I've been working on FOL, trying to get her to wake up and look around, maybe even get trained on self-defense with a firearm. Making progress.

I've been working on WS trying to convince him of the true state of the economy. Follows a conversation we had on the instant message service. I think this battle is won.

(14:42:14) VFD: News flash: either the bottom is nearing, or stand by for a potentially ugly double dip http://www.cfr.org/content/publications/attachments/2009OutlookFinal_Long.pdf
(14:42:47) WS: appre[ciate] the link, but I dont see anything to turn it around
(14:43:04) VFD: it's a bunch of pretty graphs is all, thought you might be interested.
(14:43:15) VFD: I'm still waiting for the double dip myself.
(14:43:21) WS: as am i
(14:43:25) VFD: ...and expect a LOT of astonishment from the bottom-callers


********

When I say "working on" I mean I've been making casual comments in the course of conversation, as well as (in some cases) prayer under my breath during and before/after a conversation. Thanks to Jesus for any success, I know where the true merit in me comes from!

No comments: