Saturday, June 6, 2009

Tea, Earl Grey, Hot.

Not just for Captain Picard!

I was listening to Dr. Savage's radio show the other day on the way home from work and he related the story of how he had told a physician friend of his to drink black tea when he had diarrhea. The tannins kill the bacteria causing the diarrhea and temporarily knock back the symptom.

So I went to the HEB and picked up a box that looked as plain as it could and still say Black Tea. It also says, in bigger letters, Earl Grey. I set a cup to steep and went into the garage. I came back inside and the house smelled wonderful! I had a sip before the afflicted family member put sugar in it: Tastes good! They put some sugar in it: Tastes good! Why didn't anyone tell me it wasn't just a meme from Star Trek, but actually a yummy food item, eh? I'm looking at you guy in the stained white t-shirt!

Oh well, better late than never.

No comments: