Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I Don't Understand It

. . . but then, I am finite, so . . .

*********

I love my children. I am good to them. I treat them in ways that engender affection toward me in return. They love me back, because I loved them first and they know it.

********
We love him, because he first loved us. 1 John 4:19
You and I, compared to God, are less than the least. His goodness and wisdom are so far superior to ours that a comparison would be pointless. There is no reason we deserve to be loved by God - and yet He does love us. "...he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust." Matt. 5:45

God is better to us than we deserve, far better than a parent to his children. We ought to love Him back . . .

do you?

No comments: