Sunday, August 28, 2011

Who Needs Grass, Anyway?

We're in the worst drought in centuries down here and it looks to continue into next year according to some meteorologists. I heard a guy saying every minute the City allows him to water, he has his irrigation system going to keep his GRASS alive. He said "just look at it" and suggested I consider what it will look like when they go to Stage 2 water restrictions and he can only water half as much next month.

I looked at it. It was green. I look at my formerly-green lawn, and it is dirt with dead grass here and there. My next door neighbor is xeriscaping his front yard and I have been thinking it looks pretty nice.

Grass, I can do without. Oh, but there is one part of the yard where the grass is thick as anything: right by the spigot where the soaker hoses (for the house foundation) are connected.

No comments: