Saturday, August 6, 2011

Arctic Sea Ice Melt Dramatically Accelerating!

Unexpectedly!

Just now, there is a fun thing happening: the sea ice is melting less quickly, so much it shows on the graphs. The same thing happened in 2002 . . . shortly afterward, the ice began melting more quickly by quite a lot, and then reverted to the trend. Expect this year's ice to measure approximately as much as all other recent years in the final analysis.

Good science reporting: makes for lousy headlines. "Now I'm No Expert But . . . " don't be surprised, if the melting speeds up, to see headlines about that, but not about this - and no mention that it's "all in the noise" anyway.

Pretty graphs at Watts Up With That

1 comment:

KurtP said...

Dude, that sux!

I was supposed to be water skiing behind a cruise boat going down the N.W. passage when I retired in about ten years from now.

They PROMISED me it would be Ice free and warm enough that I didn't need a wet suit.