Monday, February 2, 2009

1911 Barrel Bushing: MUST Install Before The Recoil Spring Cap!

At 02:00 I gave up after 10 minutes of trying to reassemble an M1911 A1 and went and dug up the video I had found earlier on youtube. I just couldn't get how the thing had almost reassembled itself 2 nights ago, and now it was fighting me.

Turns out, you have to install the bushing into the slide before you install the recoil spring cap. Have to. It won't work the other way around. Who knew? Well, I guess everyone else did that ever put a 1911 together twice, but it was my second go at it.

Oh, and a full length guide rod that required the use of a bushing wrench would be a stupid thing to install on a gun that, otherwise, is its own toolbox. Yet another subject on which I find myself in agreement with Tam.

No comments: