Thursday, July 2, 2009

AR Ate My Neck Tie!

I hafta stop forgetting to post funny stories. A while back, a man was showing me some new hardware, and a new-to-him Bushmaster AR was one of the pieces. Of course the first thing I did was to check the chamber, and when I let fly the charging handle, my (silk, thank you) tie got snagged and stuck between the upper & the handle! A little tug on the handle and the tie was free, but it was pretty funny at the moment. . . . I guess you had to be there.

Now they need to put a warning on the case of a new rifle: Warning! Watch out your tie doesn't get stuck when you go to kill a nursery full of innocent little (For The) Children!

He also had 3 magazines for his new rifle. Green followers. I poked down on the front of the follower and (unsurprisingly) it jammed in the magazine crooked. I showed it to him and mentioned he might want to consider purchasing some anti-tilt followers. That failure mode was new and surprising to him, so I reduced and duplicated it a couple more times just to demonstrate it's not a show-stopper.

No comments: