Friday, February 10, 2012

Don't Mind Me I'm Just Doing The Impossible

I spent the last couple of hours tinkering with an old FD Canon lens, trying to see if it could be internally altered to work on a Nikon DX camera. I wish I had the right parts to hand (F mount, preferably with a 50mm f/1.8 chip) so that I could have continued working. As it is, I can say it looks like the thing may be possible with stop-down metering. If I can get it done I'll post it all over the place and try to remember to put a link here. There's no link here, now, so it's probably not done.

If you want to get it done faster, send me a nikon lens that is mechanically broken but still works, preferably a 50mm f/1.8, with electronic contacts on the mount.

****

Update a week and change later: It looks increasingly possible. I'm waiting for my $9 lens mount to arrive before I do any cutting!

****

It works, kinda. It makes good pictures when properly utilized. Click here to see the first teaser shots!

No comments: