Monday, March 23, 2009

Good News/Bad News:

Warning: graphic content follows, reader discretion is advised.

Good News: Influenza symptoms typically last 5-7 days unless there are complications

Bad News: I'm at 5 and symptoms have only just gone from fever & listlessness to respiratory gunk.

Good News: Taking 10mg Loratadine cleared up the . . .

Bad News: Painful coughing with light yellow sputum (from Oak, Mullberry or Hackberry pollen allergy)

Good News: YAY DRUGS!

Bad News: BOO Central Texas airborne pollen!

Photobucket

2 comments:

David said...

Gees, don't be a martyr. Loratadine and cetirizine are both effective non-sedating antihistamines with very cheap OTC generics (e.g., $4 for a year's supply from Costco). I take one every day during allergy season regardless of how strong the allergens are.

Vote For David said...

Who's a martyr? I can be fine one day and feel like I'm drowning the next, with no warning, and a pill or four usually fixes it. For someone with as few allergic days as me, it makes no sense to stay on a pill-a-day regimen for allergies.

Combine one or three tree pollen allergies you didn't know were about to hit with the Flu and tell me how great you feel. The first thing I took this morning was a wal-itin (loratadine generic) and I'm still coughing up yellow junk. It happens. At least I'm feeling better today, aside from that.