Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Pastor Killed, 2 Hurt in Illinois Church Shooting

From Fox News:

I'm going to make some phone calls to my Elected Heroes today.

If I take my pistol into church with me, it makes me a Felon in Texas.

If I don't, there is a chance something like this could happen.
Was there time to go out to my car? Would I have been shot at while running out the door? Probably not, and maybe.

This guy was talking crazy to the preacher during. A parishioner or (arguably better) an Usher could have inconspicuously slipped his hand under his (or her) coat and made a little clicky noise he could cover with a cough, and waited to see if this was crazy-and-innocuous guy or crazy-and-dangerous guy. Nobody is the wiser for the former, and if the latter, in the blink of an eye or faster Big Brother can be out and on target.

Somebody drawing a gun on the pastor in church? That's a shootin'. If you have sane laws in your jurisdiction, that's a shootin' of a bad guy and not the pastor.

Carry your guns, people!

No comments: