Wednesday, March 4, 2009

OMG GFCI!!!!!1!?

Last night I went out to the shop to work on my cylinder head port & polish project. My tool wouldn't turn on.

?

After stupidly flipping the switch a few more times, I broke out the voltmeter. No power from the supply. Hmm . . . No power TO the supply. Power strip is . . . plugged in. Hmm . . . I installed this GFCI outlet right here a few months ago and it's never been tripped; hey why is this RESET button standing proud? Push that. . . click! Tool works! Here we go!

My Darling Wife told me this morning (of course when I was in the office) that the outlets in the bathrooms were not working. I told her about the GFCI having been tripped and reset. She tried an outlet and it worked, go figure.

She had done her hair a couple of days ago in the living room and I thought she had just wanted to do it there.

Why wouldn't you think to mention that the power outlet wasn't working? Oh well, she was busy. It's fixed now, anyway.

No comments: