Wednesday, March 31, 2010

When Worlds Collide

~or~ It's A Small World, After All.

JF, a brother in Christ and a friend, who attends the same church as I do, surprised me.

He found out he is one of my Father's clients. For years, he has been dealing with my ol' dad and going about their business. He's known my pop longer than I've known JF! How very odd!

I was pleased to hear that JF found this out when he, unassertive as he is, brought up the subject of church attendance, trying to see if he could sneak the gospel in to my dad's ears edgewise. I wish more Christians would try that sort of thing. Fortunately, my father knows my Father personally, and no introductions were necessary. It must have been a bit odd for dad also, finding out that his long-time client was an acquaintance of his son's.

Neat!

Christians, I'll pass along the admonition our pastor gives to us around Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas: The things of God are more likely to be on the backslidden Christian's and unrepentant sinner's minds at this time of year than at any other. Invite them to church. They may be more inclined to come, if invited for this weekend's services, now more than another random day.

No comments: