Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Is It Monday Again? I Didn't Get The Memo

I like to get ten items worked on per day. I can figure out the real odd balls, so they give me the odd balls, which then slow me down because they take time to figure out, then test and clean. Today they took too long, and I got FOUR items worked on.

Then I got something on my hands BEFORE I put a pair of gloves on, and when the gloves came off after I finished doing what I was doing, my hands were red and itchy. I noticed this AFTER I rubbed my neck and my neck was red and itchy too. I had 30mg Benadryl tablets so I took one. If you thought I was working slow before . . .

Then it was time for the first-in-years-because-we-finally-got-a-manager-who-cares "semi-annual" performance review. Between some stuff that has improved and some stuff that has since changed, and some stuff you'd have to be me to disagree with, it was strictly a mediocre review.

I got home and my Darling Wife pointed out I was so slow from the Benadryl I shouldn't be driving, and she was too tired to drive, so we missed church.

I went to take a shower, to get whatever was on me off, before it got on the rest of the family. As I was relaxing in the shower, the [deleted] SHOWERHEAD broke off and left me a 1/4" tube spitting out a stream of water.

Then #2 wanted to play with my Life-Like HO scale slot cars. Sure, knock yourself out. Turns out today was the day we find out five of my six cars have stripped out ring gears. #3 wanted to play, and #2 wanted to play, and there was only one car, resulting in screaming fights.

Then I called somebody to give them a birthday well-wish, and the [deleted] cat laid into one of the [deleted] dogs while I was on the phone.

It's been a day for minor irritants. It's nothing major and I know I've got it better than I deserve, but it seems like I've been piled-on a little more than usual today. Next thing you know my computer is going to d

No comments: