Sunday, December 26, 2010

Pretty Good, On The Whole

I lost my wedding ring a few weeks ago. I was at work and just suddenly realized it was gone. I thought it was at home, but my Darling Wife cleaned the whole house and declared it to be not there. I posted a sign at work but it didn't turn up. I was afraid to clean my car because that was the last place it could be. I abandoned hope that it would be found, but she was praying it would turn up for Christmas.

On the way to Dad's house
Listening to the introductory overture to Handel's Messiah
As the car's engine roared
And the CD is brand new, a fresh Christmas Present
. . . made for a very good way to start the day out of the house.

A few surprises at Dad's house were good, but the one that was bad was when I ran completely out of steam and slept basically all afternoon.

As I went to put a load of laundry in the dryer just before midnight (like 23:58) I opened the washer and saw . . .
WTH is that yellow circle with huge menisci* on the sides?
No wai!!!1! It my ring!
. . . ! and it's been through two cycles in the washer and it's still dirty?!

So. I go from missing my ring when something rubs the naked finger to having to always be careful not to lose it. I'll take that, and thanks Jesus for it!

********

*It is convex on both sides, with a deep pattern around the outside. The water, it sticks. Inside and out, the meniscus was wider than the thickness of the gold.

No comments: