Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I Wasn't Asking.

A word of advice to those who think that the road is for their exclusive use: Not. If you see my car has a blinking light on the side near you, and it is well in front of your car, this is not a sign for you to speed up. It is also not a reason you should honk when I put my car in front of yours. It is, in fact, not a request for you to pretty please let me in; I am serving notice. The blinking light says "here I come."

In a city where the drivers are both low-skilled and rude, sometimes you have to "git in wher' ya fit in" . . . the turn signal is a legal nicety.

P.S. it's not that everyone is always cutting you off, it's that you never leave a safe following distance between your car and the one in front of you, into which your fellow users of the road can merge. Fix yourself or deal.

No comments: