Tuesday, December 21, 2010

You See Officer, What Had Happened Was That, Uh . . .

Maybe I need to be a policeman. It could potentially save me having to explain unlikely things like this here.

On the way home from work today as I approached a 4-way stop sign intersection, sumdood coming from the street on the right straight-up rolled the stop and took off to his right (the same direction I was going). I don't mean "I thought I had stopped, officer" I mean "how fast can I take this turn on 4 wheels." Like the stop sign wasn't even there.

I was a hundred yards or so from my own stop and slowing to stop (for three full seconds, honestly!) and saw this shenanigan pulled right in front of me. For a couple of seconds I was fantasizing about hitting my blue lights and blasting through the intersection to write a righteous moving violation citation . . .

. . . and almost forgot to stop for my real-life-non-COP-self's own stop sign! DOH!

No comments: