Saturday, December 18, 2010

When Things Go Crash In The Night

Here I was minding my own business at the computer just now, with my Darling Wife reading on the couch nearby when CRASH goes something in our bedroom on the other side of the wall. Then CRASH goes something again.

This room has a glass wall facing the back yard. And it contains the crib holding #4 who was asleep.

I snatched up Big Brother and put a Hydrashock in the chamber, switched on the light, pushed my Darling Wife gently away from the door (what were you planning to do empty-handed, dear?) and opened it*. Slice the pie, and it looks like . . . our bedroom. Window blinds in place, no Goblins present. Baby still sleeping. I shut the door and slowed my pulse down a little, then fetched my Darling Wife, put Big Brother down, and grabbed a less-bright light not attached to a firearm to show her the baby was fine.

All's well that ends well, but I'm going to have to talk to her husband about setting the box that holds the baby's diapers on an unreliable supporting structure, directly over the baby's car seat. Whew!

********

*the fatal funnel: not tonight thanks God!

No comments: