Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Madness @ Work

I let one of the guys at work use my computer. He just wanted "to download a file real quick" onto a thumb drive instead of going back across the building to his own computer. When I came back to my station, he had closed TWO of the internet windows I was using. Windows which required waiting for a lengthy authentication process after logging in, to be useful again. AND he left his own web page open.

Hold on there.

When you use someone else's computer, you don't do jack doodly-SQUAT to the stuff they have open. The little red Xs on the screen are radioactive as far as your cursor is concerned. This is a matter of (what should be) common courtesy. If you want to use the internet, open up a whole new process. Start->Programs->Mozilla Firefox. At the very least, open a new tab (File->New->Tab) for your browsing needs. Don't just navigate away from whatever web page they had up and close the tab when you're done! GRRRRRrrrrr . . .It is to my advantage that I use what is possibly the world's most excellent input device instead of a mouse. He didn't like it. Good. Feel free to not use it again. Ever. :p

No comments: