Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Whew! That Was Close!

I looked at the family's financial books a few days ago and about freaked out. For the last six months, we were showing a running total of negative $1000 or so, every month! I began to have thoughts of a second job, or signing up for charity welfare government assistance programs. So I had a talk with my Darling Wife and we looked over the books together; then I realized something:

Carryover. The first box on the sheet for every month, that I programmed into our book keeping spreadsheet? The one I forgot about? Yeah, that carryover. In late 2010 we started partying and buying presents, and being sickly. We were a thousand bucks down from then, relative to the arbitrary starting number of the carryover from a month before then. We weren't at -$6000, we were at -$1000 and on the way out of that relative deficit.

Freak-out canceled, crisis averted, nothing (much) to see here, move along people.

Still broke as a joke though. Diapers and gas got expensive since #3 was born . . .

No comments: