Monday, April 2, 2012

Stupid Drain

The drain in the kitchen sink is slow. Slow enough the dishwasher backs up into the sink. My baby 1/4" x 10 foot snake found nothing interesting. Boiling water has succeeded so far only in melting the thin Chinese PVC attached to a P trap. Drain-O, it does nothing.

I guess I should be glad it's been three years since the last time I had a snake down this drain, and two years since I replaced smashed-broken pipes. The last time I was in there, I said I would make a more-conveniently located clean-out fitting if I ever had to open the wall again so I wouldn't have to open the wall again. Guess what time it is. Must. Resist. Urge. To. Use. Compressed. Air!

********

Always buy new PVC glue. You don't want to do this twice because you went with old glue from two years ago.

No comments: