Sunday, April 15, 2012

Walking in the Rain

It is not uncommon anywhere to see people running from the rain. Sprinters, fleeing even the slightest drizzle, are one of those things on which I have an opinion.

Not YOU, VFD! An opinion?

I know, shocking, right?

Anyhow, I walk in the rain. If I have some electronic or printed material that will be spoiled by the water I'll cover it, but I walk. I may not be perfect but I'm not the Wicked Witch of the West. News flash: this ain't you:

you ain't this sweet, sweety

I figure, if our men can spend months at a time in monsoon rains, sleeping in it, fighting in it, dying in it, I can avoid some undignified, undue speed in my travel through the parking lot.

Also not you:

tom hanks didn't melt

If you are wearing a brimmed hat (as you should but that's another thing) then even your glasses won't get wet. Your clothes will dry in minutes to an hour or so. It's only a bit of water. A little water (on the outside) never killed anybody, so take your time and don't look like a child or a jerk - walk in the rain.

No comments: