Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Made In China Calculator Dissappoints Big Time

One of the guys handed me this calculator with some mumbled comment about how it didn't take a charge.

Photobucket

I shone a light on it and sho' nuff it didn't come on. I figured I'd have a quick peek inside, maybe steal the little solar cell for tinkering with at a later time. I opened her up and . . .

Photobucket

Did you see it? Have a closer look.

Photobucket

For the non-electricians out there, what you are seeing is a FAKE solar cell. A mock cell. It mocks me by not being a source of electricity generated by incoming photons.

It's even printed with little lines like a real solar cell.

Photobucket

Fake. Intentionally misleading appearance and FAKE FAKE FAKE!!!!!111!!

Oh well, what do I want for free?

No comments: