Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Madness @ Work

He is back at it. And he has a name now.

Once upon a time, he announced he wanted to work on what I was going to work on. His reasoning was that, nevermind my history of repeatedly successfully selling them for top dollar, nevermind that I used to work with them and know all about them, and nevermind that nobody asked him, HE was the one who knew enough about this thing to sell it. It was delivered to my station, and I removed it from where it was in its old home, tested, cleaned, photographed, and wrote up the ad for it. As I was saving it, and it was pretty much completely done, he came up to me:

PI: VFD, do you have the thing?
VFD: Yep, it's almost done.
PI: You know that was supposed to go to me?
VFD: No it wasn't
PI: Yes it was.
VFD: No, it wasn't.
PI: walking away: you work for yourself around here now?
VFD: Yep, I sign my own paychecks.

That guy. He's at it again.

I listed an envrionmental stress chamber kinda like this one for sale today. It was completely finished being cleaned, tested, and written up. I went to go slap an inventory label on it so it could be put into storage prior to sale online, and it was gone! Turns out, he grabbed it for himself to work on, when he gets a chance. That would be, in addition to 1500 square feet of other big junk and three pallets of small junk that are waiting for him to get around to it.

From the perspective of the company, he practically went into the inventory stock room, grabbed something out, and decided HE would do a better job selling it. Without asking anyone. Without telling anyone. And he DOESN'T EVEN WORK HERE! He's a contractor fer cryin' out loud!

On the positive side of the equation, I had several minutes to straighten up my AO and actually swept the floor for a change, while LB was talking to company management and one of the owners, trying to correct the madness. Last I heard, one of the owners was talking to this dude, who was saying ALL similar items should come to him -according to him, because he's a super genius. No wonder he was fired for being a jerk before. I think I'll refer to him as Private Insano (PI) because Captain Insano would imply he has any influence around here, or that the management or owners like him. He's a private contractor, so Private Insano it is. I like it.

No comments: