Tuesday, October 28, 2008

MY CAR! IT'S RUNNING! I BETTER CATCH IT!

but seriously. My daily commuting car is a 2000 Hyundai Elantra we purchased from a dealer in San Diego in late 1999. It came from Korea with an automatic transmission. A few months back, I bought a 1998 Elantra for parts.

My car took me to work this morning, with a MANUAL transaxle for the first time ever. I converted it over the last weekend from automatic to standard and finally this project is accomplished!

Read all about it, here: Relevant Link

I'm also reworking the parts car's cylinder head (port/polish), and I have already mounted the intake camshaft (slightly higher lift/duration) in my car. I plan to use the (higher compression) pistons in my car. I have used and sold some of the other parts as well.

Does anybody want any parts off a 1998 Elantra before I Craigslist this puppy?

No comments: